Solar Power isn't Feasible!

Solar Power isn't Feasible!
This cartoon was on the cover of the book "SolarGas" by David Hoye. It echoes the Sharp Solar slogan "Last time I checked nobody owned the sun!"

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Survey of Renewable Energy systems along the Khumbu Trail en route from Lukla to Mount Everest PART 6

 PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE UNFINISHED POSTS AS I ASSEMBLE MY NOTES AND COMPILE RELEVANT PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THE SURVEY.

#21 Amadablan Lodge. 4 Flat panels, separate tank (not visible). One panel is just filled with reflecting foil because the pipes broke.  Lak Pa, the owner says "I was happy for 2 years then I had frost breakage. Now in my third year I want a new system without these problems. I would prefer the vacuum tube system you are testing in Dingboche."  Lak Pa has installed his 500 liter water tank under the roof in the crawl space with two blue plastic barrell 200 liter cold water feed tanks. He keeps the area warm with a plastic corrugated skylight. Because of the slope of the roof and the placement of the tanks inside the solar still thermosiphons -- the panels are lower than the tank, which is on a stand at the apex of the roof.








No comments: